Sunday, February 24, 2008

transitions

my landlords are finally home. to my surprise, they came home a day earlier. i had been anticipating their arrival for days, but i didn't realize how much i missed them until i saw them. welcome home amanda, tim, and and nathan. :)
saturday was my last day at the store. i must admit, my last day was bitter sweet. for the most part, i had a good experience working at bru. and i definitely can not complain about the discount, to which i abused (borderline obscene) the past two weeks! there's something about leaving any kind of organization or group that leaves a hole or emptiness inside you. but now it's on to better things....
tomorrow is my first full week at Life Action. the usual feeling of anxiety before starting a new job/career are not present. which further confirms my belief that no person played made this transition happen.

** just as a side note... i started this post before i went for dinner tonight for my "going away dinner" w/ people from the store. 5 associates and 2 husband/boyfriends showed up. i know it's not a lot, but i was touched. the little things in life can be the biggest blessings.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Blessings to you in your new endeavor.

And thanks again for sharing the "landlords" for a few weeks.

Amanda said...

It was fun to surprise you!

I'm quite thrilled for you and your new job. :)

Scott said...

I must confess a perhaps improper level of amusement at the concept of commenting on the blog of someone who lives in the same house as you.

It harkens me back to college days, and the IMing of one's roommate, across the room.

Not that I ever did that, of course...

Anonymous said...

Sarah: Sounds like you had a wonderful surprise Saturday. I could just feel the happiness the four of you must have felt. Onto a new job that I know you are anticipating with excitement. I am glad that your house is full again.

Love you,

sarah said...

scott:

ah, yes, the days of iming roomies while both in the room. good times. :) fond memories!