Sunday, February 17, 2008

home alone

one week down, one to go. this time around i'm feeling more lonely. the house just seems so empty. no pitter patter of nate the great's feet. my little alarm clock is not home! God bless that little boy, he's a morning person. definitely got that trait from his mom!
i wonder how i ever managed to live alone. thinking back, i'm baffled that i wasn't more paranoid living just outside the city of harrisburg. especially after a co-worker of mine told me my complex housed recently released in-mates (my friend's sister and brother-in law worked at the local jail). something deep down inside me told me i was safe. or gave me the allusion bad things around me weren't happening (i'm a firm believer in being given what you can handle).
any way, the point is i miss my sister and i can't wait for her, tim, and nathan to be home. how did i ever manage living some 800 miles from you for all those years. hurry home seester!!!!

6 comments:

mwh said...

There's something about familiarity that breeds a sense of safety--so when the status quo changes, I find myself getting creeped out too! :-)

Scott said...

I'm sure it's tough for you, but it's nice of you to share them with the rest of us for a few weeks.

Maybe this will help you feel more connected to that little alarm clock of yours.

sarah said...

scott,

he looks so big! what did you feed him. i swear, he's looking more and more like a little boy than a baby every day!

Scott said...

The only thing of mine that he consumed was milk.

We got along great though, primarily because he discovered I'd help him explore by taking him anywhere he pointed when I was holding him.

Amanda said...

We're coming!!! :) OK, not until Sunday.

We're nearing exhaustion, but the time we've spend with people has been so rewarding.

Miss you too, dear seester.

lisatatj said...

I found your blog! Yay!! now I am a loyal fan :)