Friday, April 18, 2008

credit card blunder

i hate to admit making mistakes, especially mistakes involving money. this month, i completely forgot to make a payment on my credit card. i realized my error on the due date, but had no time to run to the bank. i called the company to let them know i would be making a payment the next day and to find out how likely my chances were of getting the late fee reversed. the ever so courteous (extreme sarcasm) customer service rep told me the company does not reverse fees. i was so infuriated i hung up the phone while the guy was still talking. i drove around a bit and tried to calm my emotions enough to put on a happy face at small group. i think it worked, but inside i was still mad. i hate making mistakes!!!! over the course of the evening and into the next day, my heart was softened and i prayed the devil wouldn't attack my heart with anxiety and frustration.
i went to the bank the next day all prepared to tell the window teller that i had a brain fart and was not trying to shaft the company. i think the only thing the teller said to me was "hello" and "have a good day". i would just call the company later. despite my own short-comings with my emotions, God had relaxed my heart and i haven't been stressed out about the late payment. i just checked my account online to see if my payment and the late fee hit my account so i can attempt to grovel to another customer service rep tomorrow. low and behold, i have a late fee reversal posted to my account.
honestly, my first thought was how great is my God! despite my anger and frustration, he showed me again how merciful and mighty He is! i'm so thankful He reminded me of His love in the small, seemingly insignificant, way that i might remember nothing is too big for my God. no matter how frustrated i get He will not leave me or forsake me. to God be ALL the glory for the things He has, is, and will do!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Woohoo for late fee reversals and not having to pull out the big guns to get them!

:)

Scott said...

Score one for the little guy (or gal, such as it were) against the evil credit card companies!

Seriously though, I'm glad it worked out for you. Late fees suck.

kt said...

yay! happy endings are nice.

mwh said...

I made a similar credit card blunder this past month as well--only I didn't realize it the day: it took me a whole month to realize I hadn't paid like I thought I had.

You are correct that half the pain is knowing you made a mistake (more than the actual loss of money).

I'm glad it worked out.