Saturday, March 22, 2008

flight delays, God's timing

i woke up late this morning (not that this is any different from any other day, but that is for another post). my flight was scheduled for 8:00 and i had every intention of waking up a little after 6:00 to shower and finishing packing. unfortunately, i set my alarm for 7:00 am. i woke up in a panic when tim knocked on my door. i ran around like a chicken with my head cut off and snapped at amanda when she was trying to help me. this is not how the morning was suppose to go. tim and i left around 7:15/7:20. i didn't get to the airport in the required 30 minutes before take off. luckily (because of God alone) the flight was delayed. i was still able to check in. only to find out i would miss my connecting flight in detriot and that flight was the only one going to baltimore today. ugh! the airport service person was able to find me another flight on a different airline (again thanks to God's provisions). i'm now leaving at noon and will arrive in harrisburg (only 90 minutes from my dad's) at 4:30 this afternoon.
despite my sour mood and my blatant defiance of trust, God provided. not only did He provide an alternate flight to an airport close to my original destination, but He also gave me the following: a meal voucher on one of the flights, a $25 discount off my next flight, and extra time to go back home to fully wake up, shower, and pack the stuff i forgot. i instantly felt humbled when everything worked out. how awesome is our God!

picture source

5 comments:

lisatatj said...

awwww, don't you love how God directs our steps, or where are steps should go ;)... I don't know where He is taking me, but He does !

kt said...

so glad to hear that it all worked out!

mwh said...

Whew!! Glad you made it! I hope the return is smoother.

Critter said...

Hey sarah how is your new job?? Also how were the basketball games?? I thought of you when we were watching the highlights of the maryland game.

sarah said...

critter: the job is going well! i very happy at Life Action. sunday's games were exciting. the maryland game was a little close for comfort, but i new coppin state was going to be scrappy and quick. second round games are tonight (duke v. arizona state at 7, maryland v. nebraska at 9:30).